Selecting a home site in Dane County or the Madison Wisconsin can be a difficult task. There are many things to consider when making such a huge decision for you and your family. Here are five things to contemplate when you purchase a new lot or home site in Dane County or the Madison area.
- Location, Location, Location! Identify where your new home is in relationship to the things you do on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Ask yourself is your home close to work, school and entertainment?
- Know your investment cost. Make sure your land is developed so you do not have to pay for additional costs related to utilities or septic. Is the lot able to be connected to city water and sewer?
- Understand your community’s covenants. Are there provision that are put into place that ensure when your neighbors purchase and build a home they do not build a low cost home next to your home. Make sure strong covenants exist in order to protect your investment. Understand the rules put into place to protect your investment.
- Community Road Access. This sounds interesting because I hope there is a road between you and the lot you are considering purchasing, however, there are other things you must consider. Does the community have more than one entry way? Are the streets wide or narrow? Does the design encourage slow and safe traffic? Interesting enough narrow roads promote slower safe driving while large wide roads promote a speedway!
- Consider the view! Consider looking out each day to find yourself peering into your neighbors’ backyard. While this may sound interesting to some you may want to consider having your home looking out at something more relaxing!
While these are just a few of things you should consider before making your decision, we invite you to contact us to learn about Conservancy View and our unique advantages!